Don’t underestimate the power and contribution that organic food can give to you. It’s definitely worth paying the extra. This article shows why you will feel that much healthier for this organic nutrition choice.
Don’t begrudge the extra money: Choosing organic is well worth it when considering your long-term health and its effects.
Here are our ten reasons for going organic:
- The organic crop is grown naturally, free from pesticides, herbicides, fungicides and other cocktails of poisonous chemicals. For example, did you know that there some 25 different chemicals on an apple skin, even when washed when it’s not organically grown.
- The organic nutrition value is something like 50% higher than intensively farmed food: Higher vitamin, mineral, enzyme and micro-nutrient content being the factors.
- We strongly recommend that you say no to GMO and there are three reasons:
- a) Considerations to safety. Particularly the long-term effects are yet to be determined and are potentially dangerous. The long-term research and development have not been looked into enough, allowing vulnerability.
- ) Companies that genetically modify will own the crop (patents). In other words, some greedy corporation could take over and own that which is natural, having no price and belonging to Mother Earth. Think about the serious implications here…
b) Natural occurring food has higher nutrition value and c
Choosing organic can be your way of saying no to GMO.
- Intensively farmed animals are frequently given a wide range of chemical cocktails such as antibiotics, hormones like bovine growth hormone (BGH), anti-parasite drugs… and other medications. These noxious substances remain in the animals when they are killed and turned into food produce for human consumption. The same applies to dairy food.
- Organically raised animals are at a far lesser risk of becoming diseased and passing on the contamination to humans after they have been killed for consumption. For example, there were no BSE cases reported in organically raised cows.
- Many people such as myself think that organic food tastes nicer.
- Organic farming is more favourable to nature. It produces a greater diversity of life and is more flourishing.
8.There is a far less chance of animal diseases such as BSE occurring on organic farmlands, which can be quite costly.
9.There have been far higher cases of illness on intensive farms amongst its workers. This has been related to the agrochemicals used. Therefore, choosing organic farm produce supports a healthier option, not only for the animals but also for its workers.
10.Organic farmland is safer for the public at large to visit People like myself have followed the good nutrition protocol and have felt so much more vitalised, healthier and illness-free. Indeed, I would definitely urge others to try this for themselves if they have not already. Knowing the importance of good nutrition and how to distinguish it allows you to realise that your health is in your hands.